Monday, April 22, 2013

14.....12!

Hi dolls:

It's almost time for me to see the surgeon for my 1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!! (5/21/13)  Whoop! I did it y'all. It's been a good while since my last post. I have been busy with LIFE!  I am excited and nervous about seeing the doctor next month. I am 4 POUNDS from the goal weight the doctor had set for me at the beginning of this journey.  I am OK with not meeting his goal. My personal goal was met months ago.  I wanted to loose 80lbs and I did. I ultimately want to be healthy! That is what is important to me.  Not a number. I feel great. My serving size is a bit bigger. I can eat a variety of things and not get sick.  I have expanded my boundaries just a bit, but not much. I still don't have fried foods. I have not had pork or steak just yet.  I feel amazing. I have more energy, I'm ready to get out and enjoy this summer. I bought myself a bike. Just waiting for the weather to get right and I am going out in the neighborhood to ride. I'm excited about bathing suit shopping next!! It will still probably be a tank-kini, but never the less...I will not be afraid to go to the beach. Looking forward to not being FULLY DRESSED at the beach, with my family in their beach attire!

BIG NEWS....I am in a size 12 jeans and MEDIUM shirts!!! I am SO excited.  I was still wearing size 14 pants and large shirts until my husband told me that it was mandatory that I buy clothes that fit this past weekend. So, that's what I did. I was very anxious about it. I did not want to try on size 12 pants, because I didn't want to feel the disappointment of not being able to fit in them. Which is the majority of the reason I had not been shopping til now.  I went into CATO and found a pair of size 12 jeans. My husband was with me. When I put the pants on....my heart began to POUND!!! I was so nervous and scared. Of jeans, you may ask....YES OF JEANS!!! It may be a mind thing, but it is my mind thing. I came out of the dressing room and his face lit up. That gave me some confidence, that I did not look as awkward as I feel.  I turned around in the mirror and saw the jeans "hugging" by backside...and I kinda liked it. When he told me to get them...I was like "I don't know hun" and he said you look great in them just get em. I was still nervous about the purchase.

When I got home and began to get dressed...I got nervous all over again. But, as I began to walk around in the house and then completed my outfit...I got more confident, the more I looked at myself in the mirror. It's amazing what I a good pair of "fitting jeans" will do for your confidence and self esteem. I liked the way they fit so much, that I went out the next day and bought 2 more pair. Yep!!

Amongst all this "small size" purchasing...I got my work uniforms in and wore them for the first time in a year. The big difference is that last uniform size was 2x shirts and size 44 pants. NOW...I am in a size 14 pants and MEDIUM shirt. YEEESSSSS!!! It felt amazing to put that on and look GOOD in it. Makes me PROUD to wear the uniform.

I've had a lot of exciting things happen to me over the last few months. I am thankful that I made it through the surgery with no complications. I followed the guidelines and made progress and ended up with success. This journey is not over, by far, it is a continuous EFFORT to eat right and exercise and be conscious of what I do. Others are watching me, for sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment