Sunday, February 17, 2013

CONFIDENCE...yea, I remember you!

Hi dolls,

Have to share another NSV (non scale victory) with you all.  I attended a formal ball hosted by my job on last night (2/15). I wore a pretty red/black dress and to die for shoes!! Got my hair done and makeup was flawless.  It was only until today, that I realized that I actually felt secure with myself at that ball last night.

Normally, I would be very self conscious about how I looked and if I looked OK in the clothes I was wearing.  I would often compare myself with others in attendance and wonder if I measured up to their standards, If I fit in with the people I was around. I would hide behind others in pictures. I would shy away from completely enjoying myself because I didn't feel I deserved to be seen.

Well, last night I had NONE of those feelings!! I felt good in my clothes, I felt good about how I looked in them. I was confident. I did not even think about how I compared to the other ladies in attendance. I danced all I wanted to! I felt free, confident, and BEAUTIFUL!!!

It's funny how no one can make you feel as beautiful as when you make YOURSELF feel beautiful....if that makes any sense.  Others may compliment you and tell you they think you are pretty. But for me, it didn't hit home until I FELT beautiful from within!! I smiled way more than normally (for those that know me, you know smiling is RARE). I was in more pictures than normal, because I was not afraid of the camera!

This is an amazing feeling! To be FREE from your own self judgment! It's hard enough to endure the judgment of others! I shared this with a friend who is thinking about having a weight loss procedure of her own...I also told her I can't wait for her to experience the same sort of things in her own personal journey! I am so excited for her! She shared with me that I was a positive example of what weight loss surgery success looks like! That was a powerful statement! She does not realize what she did for me by saying that! I am helping her start her journey, and I feel like I am reliving mine! I can't wait to see her transform before my eyes!

On a side note, I am still amazed by all the "stranger" attention I am getting from people. I was in a local grocery store a few days ago, and I male employee could not keep his eyes off of me. I had on no makeup, a hat pulled way down, jeans and a regular shirt. I was in no way "made up" and he was more than helpful with what I was in search of.  It was funny to me, because, I began to wonder would he bother if I was dressed the same and overweight. Then another female  (over weight and dressed very casual) came onto the same isle and needed assistance in finding an item and this same male employee did not bother to even speak to her...that gave me my answer right then!! People really do over look you if you are not "appealing" to their eye.

Be happy with who you are! It took me a long time to figure that out! Love yourself!! I know it is easier said than done, but if you won't let another person belittle you....don't allow yourself to do the same! Here is a pic of us headed to the ball.

 
 
 
On the left is me at the same function in2/2012
On the right is me 2/2013
Look at the difference!! Weight loss surgery was one of the best things I've EVER done for myself!!
 
 
 


1 comment: