Monday, January 20, 2014

MISSING IN ACTION, where have you been

Where has the time gone??? It has been a long time since I have shared with you all!! I am currently 20 months post-op gastric bypass surgery.  I still think it is one of the most rewarding, and necessary things I have done for myself.  It is indeed a bigger struggle at this point, because I can tolerate more foods. Thus, making it a little bit harder to remain within the boundaries of this lifestyle choice, but I am determined not to let my work and progress go to waste! I did not come this far only to go back to where I started!

I still struggle, just as if I had never had the procedure done!! I still have a "fat-girl" brain quite often. I talk (more like battle) with myself when I get the urges for bad food choices!! Sometimes it's just good to have the thing I am craving, instead of eating around the craving! (that is, if it doesn't make me sick).

My body has "caught up" with itself and it is just as easy as before to put weight back on. Therefore, I have to stay on an exercise plan and be sure to stay as close as possible to the food plan that was set up by my surgeon.  I can say that I am enjoying being a smaller, healthier person. I really enjoyed this past summer with my family as well. I was able to buy a cute bathing suit, I was not afraid to lay out on the beach with my family (usually I was fully clothed). I was able to enjoy some rides at the local amusement parks and not have to worry if I would fit into the ride. I did not get out of breath during walking. There were so may "new and different" experiences I had over the spring and summer, that makes this whole journey worth while.

I am even RUNNING, yes RUNNING on the treadmill now! Before surgery, there was no chance of me running ANYWHERE, unless someone was after me or something clearly was on fire!! lol! Now I willingly go out to the home gym and run!

I had the opportunity to coach 4 other ladies through their decision and journey of becoming healthier through weight loss surgery as well. That was a personal honor for me, because they saw that I was doing "something" right on this journey!! They are all doing exceptionally well also! They often times motivate and inspire me to keep moving forward. I get off track or loose my motivation, and I will talk to one of them or see their post of what they are doing and it will kick me back in gear. That's really what it is all about, being a support system for each other!

Thank you all for your support as well by reading and commenting on my posts, letting me know SOMEONE is out there reading this...and this is not for nothing! Below are some recent pics of me, so you can see that I have made continuous process since the last time I posted.

Later dolls...






No comments:

Post a Comment