Sunday, January 27, 2013

CELEBRATING 2 NSV

I had an EYE opening NSV (non scale victory) last night!! I was done showering and drying off. Usually, I just drape the towel under my arms because it did not wrap around me (and actually close all the way). For some reason, I did WRAP the towel around me and to my surprise IT CLOSED!!! No gap in the front as usual! I began to do a happy dance in my head and a BIG OLE GRIN spread across my face!!!

That is one of the things I never liked my husband to see...was me in a towel. There was always a gap either in the front or back of the towel with me in it! It may have been no big deal to him but in my head it was embarrassing!!!

I continued with my routine of getting ready for bed, but I did not want to take the towel off! Can you say PROUD OF MY ACCOMPLISHMENT!

NSV #2...I went over to get uniform shirts for work a few days ago. When I first got issued a uniform the shirts were size 2X. Pants were size BIG! This time, I (out of habit) reached for the larger size shirts to try on. Went thru a XL, L, then finally down to MEDIUM. And the medium still had some room in the shirt. SAY WHAT?!? Yep, I did a happy dance in that bathroom stall too!! BAHAHAHA! This is so rewarding to experience! It's kinda wierd tho, because I experience joy and fear at the same time. I feel the joy because I have reached some goals. The fear comes in because my brain actually realizes that I am actually smaller, thinner, healthier. Does that make sense to anyone other than myself??

Anyways, Just thought I'd share some of my non scale victories!! Just because the scale does not move, does not mean that you have not made progress toward your goals!!


No comments:

Post a Comment