Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Panera detox..

Morning dolls...

It's been a few weeks since my last post. I am happy to report that I did get rid of the 3lbs (and lost a bit more), I gained hanging out at my favorite place...Panera!! Woohoo for me! I did not visit nor order from there for 2 whole weeks! I was proud of myself because the ladies I work with ordered from Panera about 2-3 times during my detox, and I DID NOT order. That took a lot of restraint. I knew I had a goal to reach and I was determined to reach it.

I did, however, decide to visit again, but from now on, I will use good sense and remember what happened! Lesson Learned....bread is NOT MY FRIEND!

I met and had lunch with a fellow weight loss surgery patient about a week ago.  This made for  very interesting conversation.  I discovered that my struggles are not just mine! I have mind hurdles to over come and they are shared by others! That makes me feel more normal.  She too, loves Panera. I learned that she also has struggled with shopping in the new "wrong section" of the store. I was sharing with her how my shopping experience was over the holiday season trying to find a dress to wear for the Christmas party.  I refused to buy a dress that made me look any bigger than I am, because I have worked hard to get rid of so much weight. 

She also has experienced the "strangers making eye contact" now when they speak to us. It's odd, that no one wanted to speak before I lost weight....now everyone makes eye contact! hmmm.... At any rate, It was nice to share some of my experiences and thoughts with another person that understands and can identify with them.  It's just a bit harder to make a complete lifestyle change and there is no support system or someone who can identify with what you are going thru and dealing with.  I'm glad I have a supportive husband and family who helped me along as much as they could during the initial process.  Support can make the difference in success vs failure.

I am working toward being "bathing suit" ready for the summer. I have increased my strength training and my husband is helping me with that. He's teaching me lifting techniques and I am teaching him about healthy eating and supplements. Playing on the same team is awesome...team fitness!

I want to share a pic I found online that really spoke to me. It shows exactly what happened to me when I had weight loss surgery....I unzipped the girl that had been trapped inside for many years. Follow my journey thru pics on Instagram "kassigirlb"

Until next time dolls...




No comments:

Post a Comment